Q. How do I buy a licensed Edition of TaalMala? How much does it cost? Is this a one-time or recurring payment?
A. To license TaalMala on your mobile/PC, you need to pay the appropriate licensing fees.
If you purchased a license prior to November 1, 2021, TaalMala was licensed via a one-time payment. Starting November 1, 2021,
one-time payment licensing is discontinued and TaalMala can be licensed only via a recurring subscription, purchased via Google Play Store.
Customers who purchased before November 1, 2021: One-time payment does not mean that you are entitled to all feature upgrades free of charge. It means that
we will support the features as they work on your device at the time of purchase. If you upgrade the device or operating system (OS)
version and if the app stops working on new device or OS version, we are not responsible. Although we test with many OS versions and device
variations, we cannot guarantee compatibility with all devices for lifetime. So if you are worried about compatibility, do not upgrade the
OS or your phone/tablet/PC. See the licensing policy for more details.
Note that many upgrades are made available for free as a courtesy or if there are bug-fixes.
Prices may vary from country to country, depending upon local taxes, exchange rate fluctuations and provider fees.
- Windows Desktop Version: Please complete the purchase via our online secure payment
- Android Mobile/Tablet Version: To purchase Android version of TaalMala for your mobile/tablet, please use the upgrade button
on the app's main screen (the button on top right corner which looks like a credit card). You can complete the payment directly via Google
- iPhone/iPad (iOS) Version: Please tap the "Buy" button in the right top corner main app screen.
Q. What are the differences among various editions of TaalMala?
A. Please refer to the TaalMala features page.
Q. What is the difference between Play Store Premium subscription, one-time license (discontinued November 1, 2021) and local license (discontinued November 1, 2021)?
A. Here are the differences.
Android: TaalMala on Android devices can be licensed in the following ways.
- One-time payment: Google Play Store License, purchased from Google Play Store (discontinued from November 1, 2021)
- One-time payment: Local License purchased from TaalMala.com (discontinued from November 1, 2021)
- Premium Edition Subscription (monthly or yearly) from Google Play Store
Here is a comparison of different types of licenses.
|Description||Google Play Store Subscription||Google Play Store One-time License (discontinued from November 1, 2021)||Local License (discontinued from November 1, 2021)|
|Purchased from||Google Play Store||TaalMala.com/BuyNow|
|Payment options||Limited to those accepted by Google||Paid using our secure payment gateway|
|License validity||As per subscription renewal period||Perpetual, except specific time-limited licenses|
|License delivery||Automatic/online||License file generated by us|
|Connectivity requirements||Needs periodic checks with Google servers via Internet||No need for Internet connectivity|
|Time to activate||Instant||Takes up to 24 hours|
|License support||Contact Google Play Store||Contact us|
|Installation device restrictions||Must sign into device with same Google ID used while purchasing||Can be installed on any device owned by you|
Note that the above differences are applicable only to the Android version of the app.
iOS: The iOS version of the TaalMala app must be licensed from the Apple App Store via in-app "Buy" button.
Windows: TaalMala on Windows version of TaalMala must be licensed from our Buy Now page.
Q. I purchased TaalMala App in the past and I want to reinstall it on my new Android mobile/tablet. How can I do so?
A. Please see our licensing policy.
Q. I purchased TaalMala App in the past on my iPad/iPhone/iPod and I want to reinstall it on my new iPad/iPhone/iPod. How can I do so?
A. Please see our licensing policy.
Q. How do I transfer my data (custom-created Taals/Lehra/SwarMandal compositions and presets) from my current Android device to another Android device?
A. To transfer your license, please see our licensing policy.
To transfer your custom-created Taals/Lehras/SwarMandal compositions and presets from your existing Android device (device 1) to your new Android device (device 2), follow these steps:
- On device 1, open TaalMala, go to TaalMala Settings and under App Migration section, click on Export button. TaalMala will create an encrypted zip file of all your custom compositions and presets and store the resulting file with name TaalMala_Exported_Data.zip in Downloads directory of device 1.
- Locate this file TaalMala_Exported_Data.zip in Downloads directory of device 1 and copy it to Downloads directory of Device 2. You can use any file sharing application or share it via email.
- On device 2, open TaalMala, go to TaalMala Settings and under App Migration section, click on Import button. You will see Android's file navigator dialog. Go to the Downloads directory on your device (or wherever you have saved the file TaalMala_Exported_Data.zip) and click on the file TaalMala_Exported_Data.zip.
- TaalMala will unencrypt and import the data into device 2.
Q. I purchased TaalMala App, but it's showing Trial Expired message or stopping after 15-minutes playback. What do I do?
A. Please see this page.
Q. I already paid for the TaalMala software. When will I receive my installation instructions and license?
A. If you completed your order via our web site, it takes us up to 24 hours to process your payment. Once your payment is confirmed, you
will receive an email from us with step-by-step instructions on how to activate the license. Please check your email provider's Junk/Spam folder
as the email from TaalMala.com sometimes gets filtered there.
For mobile/tablet version, you can pay and instantly download and install the licensed edition of TaalMala on your mobile device
from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
If you paid for TaalMala via Google Play Store or Apple App Store, and your license is not activated, please follow the instructions in the next FAQ.
Q. I already paid for TaalMala license. How do I activate the license on my device?
A. If you paid TaalMala license from Google Play Store or Apple App Store, the license is activated on your device automatically, provided that you purchased the license using the same ID which is used to sign into your device. After your purchase is successful, please wait for a few minutes, then exit TaalMala on your Android device by pressing "Back" button twice (on Apple devices, kill the app from the list of recently us) and restart the TaalMala app. Please ensure that you are connected to a reliable Internet connection while doing this.
If you continue to see trial license after this, please follow the instructions below.
- If there is non-working installation of the app on your device, please uninstall it from the device.
- Most important #1: Keep your device connected to a solid internet connection throughout the procedure below.
- Most important #2: Ensure you have signed in to the device using only one Google ID or Apple ID. This ID must be exactly same as the one you used while purchasing the license from the store.
- Download and install TaalMala from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Start the app while being connected to the Internet. Keep your device connected to the internet until the license gets detected (2-3 minutes max). On TaalMala Android app, you will get a message on screen confirming installation of purchased upgrades.
- For TaalMala on Android only: If the license is not detected, go to "Settings", scroll to the bottom of the screen and press on the License Refresh button. Choose "I purchased license from Play Store" and wait for the license to get refreshed from Google servers. You will get a message on screen confirming installation of purchased upgrades.
- For TaalMala on iOS only: If the license is not detected, go to "Buy" and click on "Restore" button, and wait for a few minutes until the license refreshes.
- If the license is still not detected, please restart your device and repeat the above procedure.
- If the license is still not detected, please confirm you are signed into your device with the same Google or Apple ID which you used while purchasing the license. You should double-check this by referring to your Play Store or App Store payment receipt. This is the most common cause of license not getting detected. Please sign in with the correct account and repeat the procedure above. Please note that TaalMala requires the Google or Apple ID on the device to exactly match the ID used while purchasing the license and it is recommended that it is the only account which is used to sign into the device (Multiple accounts or developer/sandbox accounts on the device may cause problems).
- For TaalMala on Android only: If license is still not detected, find and delete the folder TaalMala from your device's SD card using any File Explorer app, restart TaalMala and follow the above procedure again.
- If none of the above steps work, go back to the OS version on which you purchased the license. Although we test with most OS versions and devices, there could be incompatibilities which we cannot resolve. In that case, your only option is to revert to the OS version which was working. Please search on Internet on how to downgrade the OS version (may not be even possible).
If you paid for TaalMala Android license via our web site prior to November 1, 2021, you will receive an email from TaalMala.com containing detailed instructions about how to install the app license on your Android device. Please wait at least 24 hours for the email to be received. Also check your email account's Junk/Spam folder to ensure that the emails from TaalMala.com are not getting filtered as Junk/Spam.
Once you have received the license file license.lic from us, please follow the instructions below to install the license.
- Ensure you have carefully read and followed the instructions sent to you in the installation email.
- Find the attachment file named license.lic in the email received from us. Save the license file license.lic to your Android device's "Download" folder. You can follow any of the following methods to do this.
- Connect your Android device to the PC using a USB cable, such that it appears as a drive on your Windows PC. On the internal storage of your Android device, find a folder named "Download" and copy the file license.lic downloaded on your computer to this folder.
- Open the email received from us on your Android device, and download the attachment license.lic. The attachment is automatically saved in "Download" folder on your Android device.
- Open TaalMala on your Android device. Go to Settings, and tap the License Refresh button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the option "I received license from TaalMala.com".
- On the screen that appears, navigate to "Download" folder on your Android device. Find the license file license.lic you saved there in step 2 and tap on it.
- If you selected a valid license file, TaalMala will import the license and show a success message.
- You can confirm the type of license at the bottom of Settings screen.
- Exit TaalMala app by pressing back button twice on the main TaalMala screen and restart the app.
Q. Can I install and use TaalMala on more than one computer?
A. If you purchased one license for TaalMala, you can install TaalMala on one computer at any time.
Of course, you can purchase multiple licenses and install TaalMala software on multiple computers
at the same time. Additional licenses (up to 5) are available from us at a discounted price. Please contact us
Q. Can I install and use mobile version of TaalMala on more than one tablet/phone I own?
A. The license terms of Android version permit usage only on one tablet/phone at any time. If you have more than one Android
device on which you would like to use TaalMala, please ensure that it is actively being used only on a single device at any given time.
We reserve the right to revoke the license if multiple simultaneous devices using TaalMala are detected under the same account.
Q. What are the minimum system requirements for running TaalMala on a PC?
A. Windows Vista/7/8/10, 1 GB RAM, sound card, speakers.
Q. What are the minimum system requirements for running TaalMala on my Android phone/tablet?
A. Android 6.0 or above, 500 MB space on SD card, 1 GB RAM recommended. Recommended Android version is 8.0 or above.
Q. What are the minimum system requirements for running TaalMala on my iPhone/iPad?
A. iOS 12.0 or above. We recommend iPhone 7 or higher and iPad 3rd generation or better.
Q. I bought Basic or Classic Edition of TaalMala on Android/iOS. Can I upgrade to Classic or Premium Edition later?
A. As of November 1, 2021, the only available upgrade is Premium subscription. Once you purchase the subscription, your license will be
automatically upgraded to Premium as long as the subscription is active.
Q. I purchased a TaalMala license one one platform (Android/Windows/iOS) in the past and I want to transfer the license to another platform now. Is this possible?
A. No. If you purchased a TaalMala license on certain platform, you must use the license on the same platform. It is not possible to reuse the license
from one platform to another (e.g. not possible to purchase license on Android and use it on your new iPhone or Windows system or vice versa). This limitation is not imposed by us, but imposed by the platform providers (i.e. Apple and Google). The licensing systems are incompatible and neither of the platforms provides any way for us to port the license. You can use your license on new
device of the same platform subject to our licensing policy (e.g. if you purchased a license on an Android device and you
upgrade your Android device, you can transfer the license to your new Android device, subject to our licensing policy).
Q. I wish to cancel my order. What is your refund policy?
A. If you have any problems with the software, it is recommended that you
contact our support by sending us an email.
We will do our best to resolve your problem. If your problem is still not resolved,
we will refund your order (after deducting a small payment/refund processing charges)
as long as we have not provided you a registration key or
a license file for the software (Windows or Android). We cannot process a refund once we provide you with
the registration key or license file. It is recommended that you download, install and try the trial
edition of the software before ordering any of the licensed versions.
If you purchased using Google Play Store or Apple App Store, you are bound
by their store's refund policies. We will not be able to process that refund for you.
Our payment provider charges a small fee for payments and refunds (approximately 2% of the refund amount).
You will be charged that fee if you decide to opt for a refund, subject to the above conditions.
Q. Why is the price charged to me different from the price listed on your web site?
A. In countries where GST/VAT is applicable, the price may be higher due to addition of GST/VAT. The price may also vary due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Q. I lost the original installation package for TaalMala and/or I
lost my installation password/license key for my Windows TaalMala installation. Can you provide a substitute
A. Please see our licensing policy
Q. Why does TaalMala on Android/iOS need so many permissions to run?
A. TaalMala app on Android needs certain permissions on your device to operate properly.
- Permission to read/write to/from your SD card or internal storage (Android): This permission is required so that TaalMala can
read and write the compositions you create using Taal/Lehra/SwarMandal composer and sequencer and some other temporary data files.
Even if you do not have sequencer license, TaalMala allows you to create temporary compositions, which are stored on your SD card or
internal storage. The app needs permissions to read and write these files from/to the SD card.
Please rest assured that TaalMala does not use the above-granted permission for any reasons other than writing and reading the compositions
created by the application and saving some temporary files. You can find these files in the folder named TaalMala on your device's internal storage.
- Permission to use microphone and record audio (Android/iOS): Starting release 5.0, TaalMala includes functionality to record the microphone audio,
synchronized with the accompaniment it generates. The microphone/audio-recording permission is needed for this. Starting 7.2, the app also includes a pitch detector,
which needs audio record permission to listen to your notes for automatic pitch detection and tuning.
If, for some reason, you denied these permissions with the checkbox "Never ask again" checked, the app may misbehave or may not start at all. In such a case,
if you change your mind and wish to use TaalMala, go to your Android system settings - Apps - TaalMala - Permissions and grant all
requested permissions there.
Q. I am having problems running TaalMala app when my device is connected to a Bluetooth speaker.
A. We do not recommend to play TaalMala audio using Bluetooth speaker, unless you have a low-latency, high-quality Bluetooth speaker.
There are multiple reasons why audio may cause glitches with Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth audio technology is not meant for low-latency, time-critical transmission such as that needed by TaalMala. Most
Android/iOS devices and Bluetooth speakers buffer the audio before playing it, which can cause glitches, if there are packet losses.
- The Bluetooth transmission protocol is not very robust to interference and can cause glitches because the packets are dropped
(this is similar to your mobile phone voice getting distorted when in the area of bad network coverage).
- TaalMala is a computationally intensive application and requires full access to the CPU. Depending
upon how powerful your CPU and system is, memory available, other background apps running etc., TaalMala app may not get sufficient system
resources and the CPU time, leaving even little computational power available for timely Bluetooth transmission of the audio.
All these reasons can cause glitches in the audio. The app cannot do anything in these cases.
Try the following work-arounds. Note that we provide no guarantee about these work-arounds.
- Use a better (low-latency, good wireless capability) Bluetooth speaker. Note that expensive does not mean good. We
do not officially test with any Bluetooth speakers and hence cannot recommend any speaker in particular. This functionality is outside the
scope of TaalMala.
- Kill all background applications running on your device before starting TaalMala and connect via Bluetooth.
- Connect the external speaker using a wired connection. Most Bluetooth speakers also come with a wired connection. Wired connections will most likely behave better.
Q. I am hearing sound distortion when running TaalMala app when my device. What can I do to fix this?
A. While there can be many reasons for sound distortion, some common reasons for the sound distortion and possible solutions are listed below. The list of potential causes and solutions below are only some possibilities which may help resolve the sound distortion, but we make no guarantees about it, because most of the times, the problem is beyond scope of the TaalMala app. That is why we provide a trial edition for you to try before purchasing a license.
|Low available computational power|
- Try running on a device with better CPU and memory.
- Try running the app immediately after restarting the device.
- Disable background services and apps running on the device.
- Disable SwarMandal by unchecking the box next to SwarMandal name on the SwarMandal tab
- Disable SwarMandal auto-loading from app Settings. Then exit the app (click back button twice from the main screen) and restart the app. Now load the desired Taal/Lehra and play.
- Disable Lehra auto-loading from app Settings. Then exit the app (click back button twice from the main screen) and restart the app. Now load the desired Taal and play.
|Bluetooth speakers||Disconnect Bluetooth speakers and try running using the speakers on the device. See the solutions provided in the above FAQ|
Q. I recently changed my computer or Android device and tried to re-install
TaalMala on the new computer. But the original license file
provided to me does not work. Why?
A. The license file provided to you is computer-dependent (for Windows) or device-dependent (for Android).
This means the license file is unique for the computer/device for which it
was generated. Please see our licensing policy for details.
Q. How do I compose a Taal, Lehra or SwarMandal pattern using TaalMala?
A. For help on Taal composition using Windows Edition of TaalMala, please refer to the Help page.
For Taal, Lehra and SwarMandal pattern composition using Android or iOS editions of TaalMala, please refer to the Help page.
You can also get the composer help by clicking the help button in Taal or Lehra or SwarMandal composer screen.
Q. How do I export my recordings created within TaalMala app (Android and iOS)?
A. TaalMala app on Android and iOS allows you to record your performance along with the accompaniment provided. You can listen to these
recordings within TaalMala via Recordings menu. If you have a Premium license of the app, you can also export the recordings as MP3 files.
To share the recordings from Android Edition of TaalMala, go to the list of recordings, click the overflow menu icon next to the recording you want to share (icon which looks like three vertical dots), and click on Share.
To share the recordings from iOS Edition of the TaalMala, go to the list of recordings, long-click on the recording you want to share, and then click on the Share sub-menu.
Q. How do I get the pre-composed Taals for TaalMala?
A. All Windows Editions of TaalMala (Trial, Basic, Classic and Professional) come with
201+ pre-composed Taals. When you install the software on your PC,
these pre-composed Taal files are automatically copied to your computer
and show up in the left panel of TaalMala Window on the PC.
The Android and iOS Premium and Classic Editions of TaalMala come with 364+ pre-composed Taals and sequences pre-installed.
The Android and iOS Basic Edition of TaalMala comes with 54 pre-composed Taals pre-installed. Additional
Taal packs can be purchased from within the application.
For more details about Taals included in various editions, please see this page.
Q. How do I contact TaalMala.com?
A. You can send an email to us.
Q. Will I be charged any fees when paying for TaalMala
A. We are not aware of any transaction fees or additional charges
paypal.com charges to you if you pay for TaalMala software using
their payment processing service. However, you should completely
read the terms and conditions when you complete your transactions
via paypal.com. Please note that Paypal is a third-party payment
processing company, and is not associated with TaalMala.com. TaalMala.com
simply uses their credit card payment processing services. If you have
any unresolved issues with Paypal, we recommend that you contact
their customer service directly. If they do not respond to you, you
can write to us and we will try to contact them. However, we are not
liable for any charges from Paypal except the TaalMala licensing
fees that you may have paid to us via Paypal.
Q. I have both Windows and Android versions of TaalMala. How do I play a Taal composed using my Windows version on my Android device?
A.See this section.
Q. Play/Pause/Stop buttons in TaalMala application toolbar (Windows PC Edition) are grayed out. I can't start playing a Taal or I can't pause/stop the currently playing Taal. Why?
A. Please click in the area which shows the main TaalMala composition (part of the Window which shows the Tabla picture and the TaalMala logo). Does the button become active now?